Machine Learning and Natural Language
Wednesday/Friday 9:30 - 10:45,
- (04/26/2011) The two final lectures are replaced by the two lectures in the CRA-W/CDC Distinguished lecture series on Monday and Tuesday 5/2-3, given by: Kathy McKeown and
- (04/26/2011) The two final student presentations will be on Wednesday, 4/27
- (04/26/2011) The last (long) critical review is due on May 4th.
- (03/10/2011) Due to EOH the lecture on Friday, 3/11 will be at 3405 SC.
- (02/17/2011) Critical paper reviews are due on Friday, 2/18.
- (01/15/2011) CS546 this semester will be a lecture/seminar class devoted to Structured Prediction and its application in NLP problems.
- (01/15/2011) The first meeting of the class is on Wednesday, 1/19/11, 1302 Siebel Center.
The class will be based mostly on papers that will be made available. The books are mentioned only for background reading
- Daniel Jurafsky and James H. Martin, Speech and Language Processing
, 2nd Edition, 2008
- Christopher D. Manning and Hinrich Schutze, Foundations of Statistical
Natural Language Processing , MIT Press 1999
- Eugene Charniak, Statistical Language Learning, MIT Press 1993
- Frederick Jelinek, Statistical Methods for Speech Recognition,
MIT Press 1998
- Steve Young and G. Bloothooft (Eds), Corpus-Based Methods in Language
and Speech Processing, Kluwer
- James Allen, Natural Language Understanding, Addison-Wesley